Enoggera State School was established in 1871 and has a strong educational heritage within the local school community. The school is located in close proximity to a light industrial area in South Pine Road and primarily services the Brisbane suburbs of Enoggera, Everton Park, Alderley, Everton Hills, Newmarket, Grange and Mitchelton. The school campus consists of the Primary School and Outside School Hours Care.
Our student population incorporates a range of cultural backgrounds, academic abilities and student interests. Approximately 5% of students identify as being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, and a small number have a diagnosed disability.
We are very proud of our wonderful staff who bring a range of experience and expertise with them to ensure that we all work collaboratively to achieve the best outcomes for every student. We have 14 classes which sees on average 2 classes per year level. Our staff consists of:
- Head of Curriculum
- Head of Student Engagement
- Class Teachers - Prep to Year 6
- Specialist Teachers - Language (Chinese), Health and Physical Education, Music, Drama, Instrumental Music, Speech Therapist and Special Education
- Support Teachers - Learning Support, EALD, Guidance Officer and Reading Support
- Paraprofessionals - Teacher Aides, School Chaplain
- Facilities staff – Schools Officer, Cleaners
- Administration - Administration Officers
- ICT Technician.
The school facilities comprise traditional style air-conditioned classrooms, with some classes sharing access to double teaching spaces. Other facilities include the administration area, resource centre, tuckshop, swimming pool, tennis court, multi-purpose court, senior, junior and prep adventure play areas and sandpit, and a variety of shaded outdoor areas.
Our facilities also include our new Performing Arts Centre with fully equipped stage facilities and flexible learning spaces to embrace the dynamic Arts learning at Enoggera State School.